Alex and Phil play catch up with reviews of every film they saw over the Holidays. Their discussion of The Hobbit includes Alex’s take on 48 fps and why he feels Peter Jackson’s film might have been the wrong one to introduce the technology. Their discussion of Django Unchained includes a look at Tarantino’s recurring themes and a slightly differing opinion on his portrayal of violence. Listen now and join the conversation by posting a comment below!
- 00:32 – 02:27 – Introduction
- 02:27 – 37:40 – Reviews of The Hobbit and Django Unchained
- 38:38 – 40:34 – New Question of the Week
- 42:05 – 53:57 – Reviews of Holy Motors and Les Miserables
- 55:17 – 1:00:53 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 59 was from The Lumineers. [Website]
- Tracks included “Flowers in Your Hair” and “Ho Hey.”
- At one point, Alex’s dog is whining near his microphone and a squeaking noise can be heard.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite movie of 2012? Answer below or send us an e-mail and your response could be read on next week’s podcast!
- Next week Phil and Alex will be counting down their top 10 movies of 2012.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.