Alex and Phil reveal whether or not Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty would have made it into their respective top 10s for 2012 and indulge in a brief discussion of the depiction of torture on film. They then count down their top 5 films of 2013 and have a few significant disagreements about films they haven’t even seen yet. It’s going to be an interesting year.
- 00:32 – 02:39 – Introduction
- 02:39 – 23:06 – Review of Zero Dark Thirty
- 24:27 – 27:32 – New Question of the Week
- 28:36 – 55:28 – Top 5 Most Anticipated Films of 2013
- 56:56 – 1:01:54 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 61 was from Lana Del Rey. [Website]
- Tracks included “Born to Die” and “Blue Jeans.”
- At one point, Alex’s dog is whining near his microphone and a squeaking noise can be heard.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
Question of the Week:
- Which unlikely Oscar upset would you most like to see? [Vote in the Poll]
- The next episode will be premiering TOMORROW and will feature Alex and Duncan Houst making their final Oscar predictions.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.