It’s a midnight double feature picture show as this week’s Film Misery Podcast tackles two new releases in one episode. The theme is mainstream actors in independent dramedies with reviews of Will Ferrell in Everything Must Go and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Hesher. Listen in and enjoy the calculated randomness.
- 00:34 – 02:00 – Introduction
- 02:00 – 18:27 – Review of Everything Must Go
- 20:16 – 38:15 – Listener Feedback/Movie Watching Environments
- 40:16 – 51:23 – Review of Hesher
- 52:34 – 57:52 – Recommendations, Contact Info, Next Week Preview
- Music for Episode 6 was provided by Michael Vanasek. [Facebook]
- Tracks included “Eternal Disaster,” “Searchin’,” “Come On,” “Out Here On My Own.”
- See Michael at Rudy’s Redeye Grill in Lakeville, MN on Saturday, May 21st.
- Dan Rush is not, in fact, a robot.
- At the end of the show we stated that Mike Vanasek will be playing at Rudy’s in White Bear Lake. In fact he will be playing at Rudy’s in Lakeville. Go support an awesome musician!
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite example of a comedic actor in a serious role?
- Phil will be in Austin for a work event so we will be having a guest co-host. Film Misery contributor Davin Lacksonen will be stepping in for the week.
- We will be reviewing Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and counting down our top 5 David Lean movies.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.