In this week’s podcast our conversation on Crazy, Stupid, Love somehow becomes the longest review we have ever done. We discuss romantic comedy formulas and double standards as our opinions on the film differ somewhat. Later on we hear Phil talk about his excursion to San Diego and Alex’s interview with Brit Marling and Mike Cahill of Another Earth.
- 00:34 – 01:56 – Introduction
- 02:09 – 32:45 – Review of Crazy, Stupid, Love
- 33:48 – 46:33 – Listener Feedback on Comic-Con Poll, Phil Talks Comic-Con
- 47:23 – 1:03:32 – Interview with Brit Marling and Mike Cahill of Another Earth
- 1:04:24 – 1:09:30 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for this week’s episode was provided by Kurt Thomas. [YouTube]
- Tracks included “No Name No. 1,” “So It Goes,” and “Spectre (The Back of Boston)”
- Another Earth will be expanding on Friday, August 5th.
- Read the full interview with Brit Marling.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. When we hit 300 Likes we will randomly select one person to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite Steve Carrell performance? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- Phil will share his thoughts on Terri and Alex will share his thoughts on Another Earth.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.