This week Phil and I revved our engines to discuss the fantastic new movie Drive from one of Film Misery’s favorite directors Nicholas Winding Refn. Among the topics of conversation are the uses for the soundtrack and the acting choices made by some of the cast. We also talk about your response to Steven Soderbergh’s movie discussion and hear Alex’s interview with the legendary Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez about their new film The Way.
- 00:46 – 02:16 – Introduction
- 02:16 – 27:22 – Review of Drive
- 28:17 – 38:30 – Steven Soderbergh Poll and Question of the Week
- 39:16 – 1:03:52 – Interview with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez on The Way
- 1:04:49 – 1:10:16 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 23 was provided by Phil Jents. [Website]
- Tracks included “The Comedy” and “Cut Down These Trees.”
- The NEW winner of the Facebook “Like” random drawing is Kyle Lemmon.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. Every additional 50 “Likes” we receive, we will select one listener to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- Which young actor/actress is having the biggest year in 2011? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film Moneyball starring Brad Pitt from director Bennett Miller.
- We will be reviewing listener choice pick The Last Man on Earth. Check it out on Netflix Watch Instantly.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.