This week Phil and Alex strap on their cleats and take the field to review the new film Moneyball from Bennett Miller. We had technical difficulties the first time around and had to record the review twice, so there is a little bit less detail then you have come to expect from a Film Misery review. In the second half we talk about the remake of Straw Dogs and whether the new version is worth getting offended about.
- 00:32 – 02:44 – Introduction
- 02:44 – 21:31 – Review of Moneyball
- 22:23 – 29:34 – Young Actors Poll and Question of the Week
- 30:29 – 54:14 – Review of Straw Dogs
- 55:22 – 58:53 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 24 was provided by Luke Osicka. [Facebook]
- Tracks included “I’ll Mend the Pieces” and “Better Than Nothing.”
- The Machine Gun Preacher article we referenced is titled “Machine Gun Menace” and can be found on Foreign Policy.
- The Twins did in fact win in the bottom of the 9th, preventing a 100-loss season.
- The NEW winner of the Facebook “Like” random drawing is Kyle Lemmon.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. Every additional 50 “Likes” we receive, we will select one listener to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- Should Brad Pitt win an Oscar for his performance in Moneyball? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film 50/50 starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen.
- We will be reviewing listener choice pick The Last Man on Earth. Check it out on Netflix Watch Instantly.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.