After a two week hiatus, Alex and Phil are back to discuss two versions of The Thing from three decades apart. The discussion includes whether or not remakes have value and if a remake should be held up against its original. We also discuss listener response to our top 5 betrayal movies and falling asleep during movies.
- 00:32 – 03:24 – Introduction
- 03:24 – 26:39 – Dual Review of The Thing (2011) and The Thing (1982)
- 27:22 – 33:39 – Betrayal Movies Poll and Question of the Week
- 34:32 – 40:00 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 27 was provided by Jary Maurice. [Website]
- Tracks included “Tomorrow Wake Up” and “Rhythm and Grace.”
- Check out Jary’s new EP Romantic Curse.
- The name of the medical device that eluded Alex and Phil is a “defibrillator.”
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. Every additional 50 “Likes” we receive, we will select one listener to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- Have you ever fallen asleep during a movie? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film The Skin I Live In from director Pedro Almodovar.
- We will also be reviewing the film Hanna from earlier this year.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.