Phil was unable to join the show this week so we brought in Film Misery contributor and veteran podcaster Justin Jagoe to review the new Clint Eastwood film J. Edgar. We also share our thoughts on the Billy Crystal versus Eddie Murphy Oscar host debacle and hear my interview with Jim Burke who produced Alexander Payne’s The Descendants.
- 00:32 – 03:15 – Introduction
- 03:15 – 26:58 – Review of J. Edgar
- 28:17 – 42:35 – Oscar Host Poll and Question of the Week
- 43:39 – 59:01 – Interview with The Descendants Producer Jim Burke
- 1:00:00 – 1:05:11 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 30 was provided by Random.
- Tracks included “Episode III (A New Day)” and “Forever.”
- Justin’s podcast, The Film Confessional, can be found here.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. Every additional 50 “Likes” we receive, we will select one listener to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite Clint Eastwood film since 2000? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film The Descendants.
- Part 2 is currently TBA.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Justin on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.