Alex and Phil try to avoid bumming one another out as they discuss the apocalyptic themes in Lars Von Trier’s Melancholia. Then we hear some excellent responses to last week’s question about nostalgic movies from our childhood and finally we invite Clayton Davis from AwardsCircuit.com on the show to discuss the current state of the Oscar race.
- 00:32 – 02:13 – Introduction
- 02:13 – 26:06 – Review of The Muppets
- 26:57 – 34:00 – Nostalgic Movies Poll and New Question of the Week
- 34:42 – 53:59 – Oscar Discussion with Clayton Davis
- 55:31 – 1:00:46 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 33 was provided by ILL-iteracy. [Website]
- Tracks are snippets from their upcoming album.
- View Clayton Davis’ Oscar updates on his site AwardsCircuit.com.
- Follow Clayton on Twitter.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
- We need you to “Like” our Facebook page and tell all your friends to do so as well. Every additional 50 “Likes” we receive, we will select one listener to choose a movie for us to review.
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite Christmas movie? [Vote in the Poll]
- We will be reviewing the new film Young Adult.
- We will also be counting down our top 5 movies set in Minnesota.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.