Alex was joined by film critic Tim Kelly of CHUD.com for a double dose of Steven Soderbergh. First we review the director’s latest ensemble action film Haywire, which is in theatres now. We follow that by rewinding 12 years to review his ensemble drug thriller Traffic, which was released on Criterion Blu-Ray recently. We also share thoughts on 2012 blockbusters and the classic mysteries Blow-Up/Blow-Out.
- 00:32 – 02:25 – Introduction
- 02:30 – 30:03 – Review of Haywire
- 31:02 – 39:20 – Recommendations and Blockbuster Poll
- 40:03 – 56:04 – Review of Traffic
- 56:52 – 1:01:48 – Contact Information and Next Week Preview
- Music for Episode 38 was from Michael Vanasek. [Website]
- Tracks included “Eternal Disaster” and “Searchin’.”
- Read Tim’s brilliant reviews and cinematic musings at CHUD.com.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
Question of the Week:
- Which Oscar nomination was the biggest surprise? [Vote in the Poll]
- Double feature of The Woman in Black and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
- Special Guest: Justin Jagoe
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Tim on Twitter.
- Find Film Misery on Facebook.