Alex and Phil review two films about men in charge on this week’s episode. The first is Skyfall, the 23rd installment in the James Bond franchise and the second is Lincoln from Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis. Included is a conversation on what makes a good Bond villain and a slight disagreement over the direction for the Bond series. We also announce the winners of the recent Thanksgiveaway contests.
- 00:32 – 02:47 – Introduction
- 02:47 – 25:10 – Review of Skyfall
- 27:08 – 36:51 – Contest Winners and Question of the Week
- 37:40 – 57:24 – Review of Lincoln
- 59:04 – 1:03:53 – Contact Information and Recommendations
- Music for Episode 57 was from various Bond movie theme songs.
- Tracks included “Skyfall” by Adele, “Goldfinger” by Shirley Bassey, “A View to a Kill” by Duran Duran, and “Thunderball” by Tom Jones.
Question of the Week:
- Which December release are you most anticipating? [Vote in the Poll]
- Next week we will be reviewing the new film Holy Motors.
- We will also be discussing the current state of the Oscar race.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.