Alex and Phil return from their unplanned hiatus to review Terence Malick’s latest film and preview the Summer movie season, which they promise to have future episodes about very soon. The pair discuss the sensibilities of Malick that draw some people to his work and push others away. Alex and Phil also engage in a spirited debate about the quality of giant robot movies. Listen to those conversations and much more on this week’s episode!
- 00:32 – 02:36 – Introduction
- 02:36 – 21:46 – Review of To the Wonder
- 22:38 – 26:27 – Intermission and Question of the Week
- 26:55 – 55:13 – Summer Movie Preview
- 56:53 – 1:02:05 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 63 was provided by Damion Suomi. [Facebook]
- Tracks included “Mustard Seed” and “San Francisco.”
- CORRECTION: Emmanuel Lubezki did not win Best Cinematography for The Tree of Life.
- Here is the link to our review of The Hangover, Part II and Bridesmaids.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
Question of the Week:
- What movie genre are you most anticipating this Summer?
- Vote in the poll to the right and share your comments below!
- Next week we will be reviewing the new film Iron Man 3.
- We will also be hearing Alex’s interview with The Angels’ Share screenwriter Paul Laverty.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.