Alex and Phil jump into the Summer movie season with a review of Iron Man 3 and since it is a Marvel franchise film, they naturally disagree. In the intermission, they discuss Leonardo DiCaprio’s best performances in anticipation of the Baz Luhrmann themed podcast next week. Alex also had the opportunity to interview screenwriter of the Palme d’Or winning film The Wind that Shakes the Barley Paul Laverty about his newest film The Angels’ Share. Listen to the interview in the second half of the episode.
- 00:32 – 02:46 – Introduction
- 02:46 – 25:30 – Review of Iron Man 3
- 26:49 – 32:59 – Intermission and Question of the Week
- 34:11 – 46:49 – Interview with Paul Laverty
- 47:39 – 53:12 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 64 was provided by Atlas Genius. [Website]
- Tracks included “Trojans” and “When It Was Now.”
Question of the Week:
- What is your favorite Leonardo DiCaprio performance?
- Vote in the poll to the right and share your comments below!
- Next week we will be reviewing the new film The Great Gatsby.
- We will also be doing a retrospective on all of Baz Luhrmann’s films.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.