Alex and Phil reveal how not Trekkie they are in their attempts to review Star Trek Into Darkness in a discussion that tackles the film’s September 11th allegory and whether or not it succeeded in exploring its themes. Then they reveal how not scientific they are when they try to provide an interpretation of Shane Carruth’s Upstream Color. Basically it is a full episode where Alex and Phil reveal how they are absolutely not experts. Enjoy!
- 00:32 – 02:18 – Introduction
- 02:18 – 20:24 – Review of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 21:18 – 28:35 – Intermission and Question of the Week
- 29:29 – 42:31 – Review of Upstream Color
- 44:11 – 48:54 – Recommendations and Contact Information
- Music for Episode 66 was provided by The Shouting Matches.
- Tracks included “I Had a Real Good Lover” and “Seven Sisters.”
- Read the Film School Rejects interview with Shane Carruth here.
- Read the Slate Upstream Color FAQ here.
- Listen to our The Hangover, Part II review podcast here.
- We would love you to review us on iTunes.
Question of the Week:
- If cost were not an issue, which film festival or event would you most want to attend?
- Vote in the poll to the right and share your comments below!
- Next week we will be reviewing the new film Before Midnight.
- The second segment is TBA.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Alex on Twitter and Phil on Twitter.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.