The Film Misery Podcast airs its 100th episode today! To ring in this milestone, former podcast co-host Alex Carlson returns and joins Justin and G Clark to talk about what he’s been up to since he took off to greener pastures. Justin and G Clark grill Alex about what it’s like to be a cinephile and a dad before diving into discussions of “WOOSH!” movies – movies whose main point seems to go right over the heads of some viewers in favor of less interesting conversations – and then indulge a quick debate on the 2006 “Oscar Bait” movie Notes on a Scandal.
- 0:00 – 33:06 – Catching Up With Alex
- 33:07– 1:03:58 – WOOSH! Movies
- 1:03:59 – 1:25:21 – The Great Notes on a Scandal Debate
- 1:25:22 – 1:28:05 – Contact Information
Show Notes and Corrections:
- Justin’s Blind Spots Review of Fight Club is available right here.
- Here is Kenneth Turan’s review of Fight Club.
- Roger Ebert’s reviews of Fight Club and A Clockwork Orange.
- The Ebert Presents at the Movies review of Certified Copy can still be watched here.
- Follow Alex on Twitter @filmmisery.
A review of Free State of Jones, followed by a mid-point assessment of the year of 2016 in film.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find us both on Twitter @GClarkFinfrock and @JustinJagoe.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.