For this episode Justin and G Clark profile the great actor Ralph Fiennes, who recently blew their minds in A Bigger Splash. That discussion is preceded with a double-header review of The English Patient (for which he received his second Oscar nomination) and his directorial debut Coriolanus.
- 0:00 – 35:08 – REVIEW: The English Patient
- 35:09 – 59:14 – REVIEW: Coriolanus
- 59:15 – 1:21:13 – Ralph Fiennes Profile
- 1:21:14 – 1:26:01 – Contact Information
- You should read G Clark’s Blind Spots essay on Coriolanus.
- Justin’s Master Moments essay on the “I Pardon You” sequence in Schindler’s List can be read here.
- ”A Pervert’s Guide to Family,” the essay in which Slavoj Žižek trashes Schindler’s List, can (and should) be read here.
Double-header reviews, courtesy of some of our favorite movie providers! First is Gabriele Salvatores’ I’m Not Scared, available on MUBI, followed by the 1991 Edward Yang masterpiece A Brighter Summer Day, available as a Criterion Collection title.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find us both on Twitter @GClarkFinfrock and @JustinJagoe.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.