For this episode, Justin and G Clark discuss the rare, underappreciated subgenere of animated films with an adult audience in mind. Leading into that is another double-header review of the summer hit Sausage Party and the recently-released-stateside Only Yesterday.
- 0:00 – 25:41 – REVIEW: Sausage Party
- 20:20 – 48:46 – REVIEW: Only Yesterday
- 49:47 – 1:08:03 – Animated Films for Adults
- 1:08:04 – 1:07:13 – Contact Information
- Read G Clark’s musings on another Isao Takahata film, Pom Poko
- For more information about the Raccoon Dogs of Pom Poko, read here.
- You can watch Gertie the Dinosaur here.
- Read G Clark’s Blind Spots review of Urotsukidoji right here.
- Actually, South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is only Justin’s 2nd favorite TV-to-movie adaptation.
- The budget for Disney’s 1999 Tarzan was $130 million, compared to the South Park movie’s budget of $21 million.
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Find us both on Twitter @GClarkFinfrock and @JustinJagoe.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.