For this episode, Justin and G Clark review Mel Gibson’s big return to the screen, Hacksaw Ridge, along with Sergeant York, Howard Hawks’ movie about another WWII conscientious objector. Closing up the episode is a discussion of whether a war movie can ever truly be “anti-war.”
- 0:00 – 22:18– REVIEW: Sergeant York
- 22:19– 1:02:48– REVIEW: Hacksaw Ridge
- 1:02:49 – 1:22:07 – Can a Movie Truly be Anti-War?
- 1:22:08 – 1:23:43 – Contact Information
- Rex Reed’s Hacksaw Ridge review can be read here.
- And Matt Zoller Seitz’s review can be read here.
- Ebert’s review of Platoon can be read here.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find us both on Twitter @GClarkFinfrock and @JustinJagoe.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.