Original Record Date: July 8, 2018
For this episode, Justin and G Clark celebrate the ten-year anniversary of Andrew Stanton’s masterpiece WALL-E by giving a deep-dive review of their favorite Pixar movie. Topics discussed include how it exemplifies Pixar’s core sensibilities, its cinematic allusions, visual style, and why the movie’s much-debated departure from Earth is a narrative necessity.
- 0:00 – 1:01:50 – DEEP DIVE: WALL-E
- 1:01:51 – 1:05:31 – Contact Information
- EVE in WALL-E stands for “Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator”
- More information on Roger Deakins’ work on WALL-E.
A week off, followed by reviews of all four movies of the Purge series (including this summer’s The First Purge.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find us both on Twitter @GClarkFinfrock and @JustinJagoe.
- Like Film Misery on Facebook.