Not a whole lot of thrilling movie news on this Monday, but there are a lot of good reads. Here are the news and links from around the web for Monday, June 15, 2009:
- Forbes has released their annual list of highest earning film stars. Harrison Ford tops the list, followed by Adam Sandler, Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, and Nicolas Cage. The Guardian has the full story.
- The most entertaining list of the week is from IFC.com featuring the 50 Worst Sex Scenes in Film History. The 70s and 80s seem to appropriately dominate, but there are a handful of contemporary films as well.
- Obsessed With Film has listed their top 10 gangster films of all-time. Number one will shock you (not.)
- Antagony & Ecstasy discusses 10 good remakes. If somebody were to make a list of bad remakes, it would be near possible to narrow it down.
- Cinematical has the poster for the upcoming film Cold Souls starring Paul Giamatti. You can see a small version below. Click it to view a larger version.
- /Film points us to a new trailer for Jon Amiel’s Creation, which is loosely based on the works of Charles Darwin.
- Roger Friedman of Showbiz 411 asks, where have all the aged actors gone? He answers his own question pointing out several actors that are missing, where they are, and pointing out why they don’t seem to care anymore.