- Tom Chiarella from Esquire has gotten a sneak preview of the upcoming film The Road. In his review he says:
The other certainty is that everyone involved in this movie is working against the predictable imperatives of perhaps the most predictable movie genre of them all: the apocalyptic thriller. The great experiment of the movie is that it hangs on nothing if not the subversion of the conventions of the genre. These people want the same thing from The Road that Busby Berkeley wanted, the same thing any artist with a sense of urgency wants. They want for people to walk out of the theater feeling it in their chest plate. They want them to say, perhaps for reasons they cannot consciously fathom, to everyone they know: You have to see it. Really.
- /Film has posted 38 pictures from Disney Pixar’s new film Up including some behind-the-scenes footage. The film premieres at the Cannes film festival this week. Check out the pics.
- Comingsoon.net has released a bunch of set photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Check them out.
- Variety reports that Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are set to play a married couple at odds with each other in the upcoming film Blue Valentine. Here’s the story.
- Everybody loves lists and Esquire has now created “The 75 Movies that Every Man Should See.” It’s not the most impressive list, but a fun read nonetheless. Check it out.
- I love when lists come out that debunk historical movies for their inaccuracies. Cracked has posted one of the best. Check it out.
More on Cannes coverage coming later…