Read of the Day:
- The pros and cons (mostly cons) of the IMDb Top 250. [Screen Rant]
News of the Day:
- In a few weeks the Tribeca Film Festival will kick-off the Summer film fest season and today the jury was announced including Aaron Eckhart, America Ferrera, Whoopi Goldberg, and Alicia Keys. [Variety]
Review of the Day:
- Despite saying that overall he enjoyed it, Marshall Fine believes that Kick-Ass is “too long, with too many subplots and not enough edge to the writing.” [Hollywood and Fine]
Free Movie of the Day:
- The 1941 film noir classic Double Indemnity is available in its entirety on YouTube.
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “20 quid? You’re having a fucking laugh, ain’t cha?”
“Oh spare me the Oliver Twist routine, Charlie love. You need to build your audience.”
“I gave you fucking magic in there!”
“Magic? You just pissed on a gypsy in the middle of fucking nowhere.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: Double Indemnity (1941)
Picture of the Day:
- (Above) James Cameron donned face paint to march in the Amazon with a Na’Vi -like tribe in opposition to a dam’s construction. [Hollywood Elsewhere]
Trailer of the Day:
- Focus Features gives us a look at their upcoming film The Kids Are All Right, which looks like a smart, snappy comedy. [Hollywood Elsewhere]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!