NOTE: This will be the last “Of the Day” for the next week and a half as it will be getting replaced with Cannes Daily Wrap-Ups.
Read of the Day:
- Every year there seems to be a new article asking whether or not the Cannes Film Festival still matters. Every year the festival proves throughout the year that it definitely does matter. [indieWIRE]
News of the Day:
- Colin Farrell and Marion Cotillard are lined up to star in David Cronenberg’s next film Cosmopolis. Great actors, brilliant director, sign me up. [Cinematical]
Review of the Day:
- Some early Prince of Persia reviews have been trickling in and the word is very mixed. Ray Bennett of THR says it’s exactly what you expect from a summer popcorn film. [The Hollywood Reporter]
Free Movie of the Day:
- After it was announced that Ken Loach will be appearing at this year’s Cannes Film Festival to premiere his next film, he posted several of his classics for free viewing on YouTube. [YouTube]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course the rates have gone up.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Picture of the Day:
- (Above) Set photos for George Lucas’ WWII Tuskegee Airman biopic Red Tails have surfaced. [Screen Rant]
Trailer of the Day:
- The official teaser trailer for J.J. Abrams Super 8, which was released in theatres with Iron Man 2 has surfaced online in HD. Check it out below. [Vulture]