- This informational graphic shows a web of movie mercenaries from good to evil, in honor of the upcoming A-Team movie. [Screen Junkies]
News of the Day:
- Two potential Oscar contenders have gotten some release information recently – Julian Schnabel’s Miral has been picked up by The Weinstein Company and Tony Goldwyn’s Betty Anne Waters has been re-titled Conviction. [Hollywood Elsewhere]
Review of the Day:
- Despite my preconceived notions, The A-Team has gotten a few slightly positive reviews. Manny the Movie Guy says it’s everything a summer popcorn flick should be. [Manny the Movie Guy]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Not completely free, but definitely worth it – The Auteurs has the greatest works of Agnes Varda available for instant viewing. [The Auteurs]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “After all, things are just what they are. A face is a face. A plate is a plate. Men are men. And lifeâ€¦is life.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: District 9 (2009)
Picture of the Day:
- Christoph Waltz in costume for the upcoming movie Water for Elephants. “Many of you are wondering what’s wrong with my pants, well they started running short on materials right before they got to the knees so don’t give me any shit.” — Hot Shots (1991) [Awards Daily]
Video of the Day:
- The trailer for 2009 Sundance Film Festival sensation Dogtooth looks incredibly disturbing, but brilliant. [CHUD]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!