- Sasha Stone writes up a nice piece about the 20 Actors/Actresses that are the most overdue for an Oscar. I completely agree with Peter O’Toole at number one. [Awards Daily]
News of the Day:
- The release date for Steve Carrell/Paul Rudd comedy Dinner With Schmucks has been pushed back a week, presumably to save it from Inception. [Film Junk]
Review of the Day:
- Variety has an early review of Despicable Me and it is very positive about the French-made animated film. [Variety]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Two great animated films from 2009 have been added to Netflix watch instantly – Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and Up. [Netflix]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “How could I forget about you? You’re the only person I know.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: Vivre sa vie (My Life to Live) (1962)
Picture of the Day:
- I didn’t find any exciting new pictures, so I thought I’d share one of my favorite movie images of all-time from Charlie Chaplin’s The Kid.
Video of the Day:
- In a sound test for the 1929 film Blackmail Alfred Hitchock, legendary filmmaker and elocutionist, makes a “that’s what she said” joke. [Vulture]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!