Read of the Day:
- One of my personal favorite silent filmmakers – Carl Theodore Dreyer – gets an official website featuring all the information you would want to know about the brilliant auteur. [Criterion Current]
News of the Day:
- A non-Tina Fey written sequel to Mean Girls has officially been greenlit. I’m assuming that Lindsay Lohan will not be involved either. I will officially avoid. [/Film]
Review of the Day:
- Sundance Film Winter’s Bone gets a very limited release this weekend and it has quickly become one of the best reviewed films of the year. A.O. Scott gives the film, and Jennifer Lawrence’s performance, a rave. [The New York Times]
Free Movie of the Day:
- The original Wall Street is on the Fox Movie Channel tonight at 10pm ET/9pm CT.
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “If I were God, I would have made the world just so and no different. And so I have you… I have you.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: The Bourne Identity (2002)
Picture of the Day:
- (Above) Set photos have appeared from Kenneth Branagh’s Thor featuring Anthony Hopkins in costume as Odin. [The Playlist]
Video of the Day:
- The trailer for the upcoming Rob Reiner coming-of-age film Flipped has premiered with one of the best trailer soundtracks of the year. It’s sentimental and invokes memories of one of Reiner’s best films Stand By Me. [First Showing]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!