- Amelie was named the best shot movie of the decade by 17,000 cinematographers. [Movieline]
News of the Day:
- Impressive additions to Martin Scorcese’s The Invention of Hugo Cabret include Jude Law, Ray Winstone, and Christopher Lee. [The Playlist]
Review of the Day:
- Some early reviews are in for Taylor Hackford’s Love Ranch and the initial word is baaaaaad. [Thompson on Hollywood]
Free Movie of the Day:
- One of my favorite childhood movies The Sandlot is now available for watch instantly. [Netfix]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “Alice. You’ve disappeared. Like everything else. Now who else can I talk to? I’m lost. When you left, and he left, you took everything with you. But the absence of him is everywhere I look. It’s like a huge hole has been punched through my chest. But In a way, I’m glad. The pain is the only reminder that he was real. That you all were.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Quote: Duck Soup (1933) – Congrats to G1000 for answering correctly.
Picture of the Day:
- Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) 30 years later. [MakingOf]
Video of the Day:
- Those of you who are in college, or recently have been in college, know the trending of “Icing” where you deliver somebody a Smirnoff Ice in a unique way and they are forced to drink it. Well, some classic movie icons have now been iced as well. [Vulture]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!