Read of the Day:
- 9 important dates that will affect all of movies and television in 2010. [Movieline]
News of the Day:
- Judd Appatow is in talks with Paul Reubens to direct a Pee Wee Herman movie. [Film School Rejects]
Review of the Day:
- Roger Ebert skewers The Last Airbender in is 1/2 star review. [Chicago Sun-Times]
Free Movie of the Day:
- The only movie for which James Dean did not get nominated for an Oscar, Rebel Without a Cause, is on TCM tonight at 8pm ET/7pm CT. [TCM]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “When I was a kid, I used to see men go off on this kind of jobs… and not come back. When they did, they were wrecks. Their hair had turned white and their hands were shaking like palsy! You don’t know what fear is. But you’ll see. It’s catching, it’s catching like small pox! And once you get it, it’s for life! So long, boys, and good luck.” — Name the movie?
Yesterday’s Answer: The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) / Congrats to Jose for answering correctly!
Picture of the Day:
- The first images from Burlesque starring Christina Aguilera and Cher have appeared online looking a lot like Moulin Rouge. [USA Today]
Video of the Day:
- I was wondering how long it would be until somebody made a District 9 World Cup spoof. Well, one finally arrived yesterday. [Film School Rejects]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!