- The New York Times piece gathers real soldiers’ reactions from The Hurt Locker. They run the gamut from major praise to complete offense. [The New York Times]
News of the Day:
- Up in the Air wins the USC Scripter Award. Does this cement its Best Adapted Screenplay win? I thought it was already cemented… [The Wrap]
Review of the Day:
- Not many people have seen it yet, but the positive buzz is already building over the adorable documentary Babies. [USA Today]
Oscar News of the Day:
- The biggest Oscar prediction contest prize you will find this year (and probably ever): $10,000! [The Auteurs]
Free Movie of the Day:
- See 2010 Oscar nominated actress Meryl Streep in the classic film Sophie’s Choice tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 11:15 CT/12:15 ET. [TCM]
Quote of the Day:
- “That’ll be $25.50 a week payable in advance. Checkout time is twelve sharp, but you can forget about that on account of you’re a res. Now if you need anything, anything at all, just pick up your personal in-room telephone and talk to me. My name is Chet. Although we do provide privacy for the residential guests, we are also a full-service hotel including complementary shoeshine. My name is Chet.” — Name the movie?
Picture of the Day:
- (Above) Check out this collection of badly Photoshopped movie posters and DVD covers. [Unreality]
Video of the Day:
- If you missed it, check out this hilarious compilation of what it would look like if famous filmmakers directed the Super Bowl broadcast. The best is Werner Herzog at the end. Check out the video after the jump. [Awards Daily]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!