Read of the Weekend:
- Vadim Rizov fights back against all of the “Death of Film Criticism” articles that have been cropping up. [The Independent Eye]
News of the Weekend:
- Think you know the Box Office trends? Now you can legally bet on the Box Office like people bet on horses. [Deadline Hollywood Daily]
Review of the Weekend:
- Terence Malick’s highly anticipated film The Tree of Life secretly screened for an audience in Austin, Texas this weekend. According to an anonymous source (and we know how reliable those are) it’s his best work since Badlands. [Ain’t It Cool News]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Up for a late night classic? George Stevens’ A Place in the Sun is on TCM tonight at 12:15am ET/11:15am CT. [TCM]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “They’re either married or gay. And if they’re not gay, they’ve just broken up with the most wonderful woman in the world, or they’ve just broken up with a bitch who looks exactly like me. They’re in transition from a monogamous relationship and they need more space. Or they’re tired of space, but they just can’t commit. Or they want to commit, but they’re afraid to get close. They want to get close, you don’t want to get near them.” — Name the movie?
Picture of the Weekend:
- (Above) Outfits worn by Grace Kelly that will be on display for a V & A Exhibition in London. [The Guardian]
Trailer of the Weekend:
- The official trailer has been released for Neil Jordan’s Ondine. Looks promising. [First Showing]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!