- The 10 best prison films of all-time. [The Guardian]
News of the Weekend:
- I’m out of town and away from the internet for a few days and one of the biggest movie stories of the year breaks – Guillermo Del Toro has left The Hobbit! [The One Ring]
Review of the Weekend:
- Four Criterion reviews in one post: Walkabout, Stagecoach, Ride With the Devil, and The Fugitive Kind. [The Playlist]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Tonight ESPN sports anchor Rich Eisen is the guest programmer on TCM and he has chosen the basketball classic Hoosiers, apropos for the late Dennis Hopper. [TCM]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “Man, everybody got chicken, that’s what happened. Hey, we can’t even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we’re gonna cut their throat or somethin’. They’re scared, man.” — Name the movie?
Last Week’s Answer: Blazing Saddles (1974)
Picture of the Day:
- (Above) In a clever marketing campaign for the movie Cyrus, Fox Searchlight has released this “Don’t F*ck My Mom” t-shirt. [The Playlist]
Video of the Day:
- Batman and Iron Man share a musical number entitled “I’m a Marvel, I’m a DC”. [Cinematical]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!