Read of the Weekend:
- The Guardian assembles the best psychoanalysts to have ever appeared on television of film. I think the list of the best to make the movies instead of appear in them might be more interesting. [The Guardian]
News of the Weekend:
- This year’s Tony Awards were heavy on movie stars. Check out the results from last night’s ceremony. [Alternative Film Guide]
Review of the Weekend:
- With 7 reviews in, Toy Story 3 remains at a solid 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Emanuel Levy says that although the film has the narrative limitations of a threequel, Pixar creativity keeps it from being held back. [Emanual Levy]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Elia Kazan’s brilliant 1961 drama Splendor in the Grass is on Turner Classic Movies tonight at 11:30pm ET/10:30pm CT. [TCM]
Movie Quote of the Day:
- “Anti-wrinkle cream there may be, but anti-fat-bastard cream there is not.” — Name the movie?
Friday’s Quote: The Road (2009)
Picture of the Weekend:
- Cracked held a contest to see who could design the best Photo-shopped image of a child movie character all grown up. There were some pretty hilarious entries, but my favorite is above. [Cracked via Cinematical]
Video of the Weekend:
- Ralph Macchio is back, but not as The Karate Kid in this new video Wax On, F*ck Off. [Funny or Die]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!