- The 20 most annoyingly overused songs in movie trailers. [Ranker]
News of the Weekend:
- George Clooney will be playing Frank Sinatra and Angelina Jolie will be playing Marilyn Monroe in an upcoming film based on the book The Life and Opinions of Maf the Dog, and of His Friend, Marilyn Monroe. [Edinburgh Book Festival via Coming Soon]
Review of the Weekend:
- An AICN reader has seen RED at an early screening and calls it decent, but nothing spectacular. [Ain’t It Cool News]
Free Movie of the Day:
- Summer Under the Stars continues tonight with Robert Stack. Check him out in the excellent spoof Airplane! at 1:15am ET/ 12:15am CT. [TCM]
Movie Quote of the Weekend:
- “Looking in the mirror staring back at me isn’t so much a face as the expression of a predicament.” — Name the movie?
Friday’s Answer: Superbad (2007)
Picture of the Weekend:
- New poster for Ben Affleck’s The Town, which I’m told is actually going to be quite good. [The Playlist]
Video of the Weekend:
- The trailer for Paul Haggis’ The Next Three Days has premiered and it looks like a lot of the plot is given away in the 2 minutes and 30 seconds. [Yahoo! Movies]
Want to submit something for “Of the Day”? E-mail me!