The Oscar predictions are now completely updated (sans the shorts). Here is a bulleted summary of the biggest changes:
THE MAJOR CATEGORIES
- District 9 moves into the 10th spot for Best Picture.
- Jeff Bridges of Crazy Heart takes over the number one spot for Best Actor.
- Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock move into the number one and two spot for Best Actress.
- Christian McKay of Me and Orson Welles moves in to the top five for Supporting Actor.
- District 9 sneaks into the race for Adapted Screenplay.
- Inglourious Basterds takes over number one for Original Screenplay.
- The new shortlist changes the race for Foreign Film.
THE TECH CATEGORIES
- Avatar takes over number one for Art Direction.
- Cameron’s film also takes over number one for Cinematography.
- It’s The Young Victoria for Costume Design.
- District 9 and Star Trek jump into the race for Best Editing.
- A Single Man and Sherlock Holmes are in the race for Original Score.
There is one week left until the nominations are announced. What do you think about my current predictions?